Students who have completed this module
- will know the particular challenges associated with negotiations in intercultural settings, e.g. with regard to differences in the negotiation style and prevailing leadership and management cultures;
- will have learned about negotiation styles typical of various cultures;
- will be able to establish negotiation teams fitted to various cultural settings and to develop suitable negotiation strategies;
- will be able to lead and manage culturally mixed negotiation teams;
- will be able to apply their problem-solving knowledge and skills in new and unfamiliar situations;
- will be to present their work to a seminar audience and defend it using suitable presentation media;
- will be able to work in a team and to collectively address a problem;
- will be able to express their viewpoint in written form.
After finishing highschool in Minden, Germany and fulfilling national service Prof. Rasche studied Sport Economics at the University of Bayreuth. Initially as external doctorate candidate, later as research associate and assistent he did his doctorate at Prof. Dr. Heymo Böhler (†)(Chair of Marketing at University of Bayreuth). Afterwards a career in business and strategy consulting for Droege & Comp. AG in Dusseldorf followed. Prof. Rasche's habilitation in the field of strategic managment was accomplished at the University of Bayreuth in his function as a Senior Scientist. In 2001 he became full-professor at the Universtiy of Potsdam and since then he owns the Chair of Management, Professional Services and Sport Economics. For several periods Prof. Rasche was the managing director and vice director of the Department of Sport Sciences. Furthermore he is a member of the foundingcommittee of gmip - General Management Institute Potsdam e.V., memeber of the Institute for Management and Organization (IMO) e.V. and of the nation-wide task force Sport Economics as well as associate editor and co-publisher for the publication series "Leadership" and "Strategisches Kompetenzmanagement" [Strategic Competence Management]. Prof. Rasche is passionate about running marathon and rowing.
Universität Potsdam, Standort Griebnitzsee, August-Bebel-Straße 89, 14482 Potsdam
Das Modul wird als Kombination aus Distance Learning und Präsenzveranstaltungen durchgeführt.