The Application Period for the MPM DAAD scholarship 2018-2019 starts June 1 and ends July 31, 2017.
- Higher education degree in social sciences, economics or business management
- Proficiency in English proven by an internationally recognized English language test, i.e. TOEFL Test (minimum score IBT 80 or PBT 550 or CBT 220), IELTS (minimum average 6.5) and Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE)
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience in public administrations, the private sector or NGOs
- Citizenship of a country eligible for the Helmut Schmidt Scholarship. Please find a detailed list here.
Please note that the application forms cannot be filled out online. You will have to download the forms, save them, fill them out, save them again and send them back to us. Otherwise, you cannot save the contents.
Please note that we only accept electronically filled-out application forms. Application forms filled-out by pen cannot be considered.
Attach the following documents:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcripts of academic records of all University degrees (Bachelor, Master, …)
- Degree certificates of all University degrees (Bachelor, Master, …)
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional and one academic reference)
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate, minimum score see above)
- Letter of motivation (not more than 1 page), which should cover the following questions:
- Why have you decided to study on the Master of Public Management (MPM)?
- What are your career goals and why is this program beneficial for you to achieve these goals?
- Which challenges is the public sector in your home country currently facing? How would you cope with them?
Please note that all documents (including transcripts and degree certificates) have to be submitted in English.
Please submit your application as two separate PDF documents:
PDF 1: DAAD form (the form does NOT have to be signed. The picture can be sent separately.)
PDF 2: all other required documents merged into one PDF file (Letters of Recommendation may be submitted separately). Please note that we do not accept applications consisting of more than three separate files.
Please submit your application to application[at]ppgg.mpm-potsdam.de
For further questions on the MPM program and the application process please check our FAQ section.
If you have any questions on the application process that are not answered in our FAQ section please contact us at info[at]ppgg.mpm-potsdam.de.