- Higher education degree in social sciences, economics, business management or law
- Proficiency in English proven by an internationally recognized English language test, i.e. TOEFL Test (minimum score IBT 80 or PBT 550 or CBT 220), IELTS (minimum average 6.5) and Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE)
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in public administration, private sector or NGOs
- Citizenship of a country eligible for the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme. Please find a detailed list here.
Please note that the application forms cannot be filled out online. You will have to download the forms, save them, fill them out, save them again and send them back to us. Otherwise, you cannot save the contents.
Please note that we only accept electronically filled-out application forms. Application forms filled-out by pen cannot be considered.
Attach the following documents:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree certificates of all University degrees (Bachelor, Master, …)
- Transcripts of academic records of all University degrees (Bachelor, Master, …)
- One professional letter of recommendation
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate, minimum score see above)
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages), which should cover the following questions:
- Why did you decide to study the Master of Public Management (MPM)?
- Which specialization module are you particularly interested in and why?
- What are your career goals and why is this program beneficial for you to achieve these goals?
- A copy of your passport
Please note that all documents (including transcripts and degree certificates) have to be submitted in English.
Please submit your application as two separate PDF documents:
PDF 1: DAAD form (the form has to be filled electronically and signed originally. The picture can be sent separately.)
PDF 2: All other required documents merged into one PDF file (letters of recommendation may be submitted separately). Please note that we do not accept applications consisting of more than three separate files.
Please submit your application to application[at]ppgg.mpm-potsdam.de
For further questions about the MPM program and the application process please check our FAQ section.