This project intends to qualify further individuals with foreign academic degrees – in particular in Business Administration – and to refresh their specialist knowledge. In the first month, sessions focus on the improvement of German language skills in order to enhance their employment opportunities.
Academics with foreign degrees are often not employed at a level corresponding to their qualifications, or experience difficulties in entering the labour market at all. UP Transfer GmbH at the University of Potsdam is offering a practical bridging qualification to address this issue. This university qualification will give the participants an opportunity to improve their current employment opportunities.
- Specialised German language training: intensive for the first month, then 6 hours per week
- Specialised training: Scientific Methodology of Business Administration, Introduction to Business Administration, Financial Accounting, Cost and Performance Accounting, Marketing, Organisation, Human Resources, Investment and Financing, Information and Production Management, International Trade Relationships, Service Management, Mathematics for Business Administration
- General career training: Preparation for the Application Process, Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Intercultural Communication, Microsoft Office short course
- Company internship: The internship phase is also intended to help the participant prepare to enter into a working relationship
- Certification awarded: University certificate and language certificate
Katrin Mischun (Project Manager)
Tel.: (0331) 9774608
Tel.: (0331) 9774657
UP Transfer GmbH an der Universität Potsdam
August-Bebel-Str. 89, Haus 7
Integration through Qualification:
The program “Integration through Qualification” aims at sustainable improvements in the labour market integration of adults with a migration background. The program is supported by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS) and the European Social Fund (ESF).
Partners in the implementation are the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal Employment Agency (BA).